What are the Recording Studios?
Smoky Hill and Southglenn Libraries offer a soundproof Recording Studio, complete with a green screen, iMacs with iMovie and GarageBand, and more. Reserve a Recording Studio to use the space on your own. If you need assistance, schedule an appointment with a Studio Librarian before making a reservation.
The Sheridan, Kelver and Davies Libraries offer limited Studio equipment. Visit the mobile studio page for information or call 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279).
Equipment* includes tools for music, graphics, video and more.
- iMacs with iLife and design tools
- Analog Video to Digital Video Converter
- 3D Printer
- Pioneer DJ Station
- Green screen
- Lacie hard drives
- Digitization station
* Some equipment may not be available at all locations. For more information on equipment please call 303-LIBRARY.
Software tools include:
- Adobe Creative Cloud - creative desktop applications
- Screencast-o-matic - screencasting
- Gimp - photo editing
- Audacity - audio recording
- dim3 - 3D game creation
- scratch - animation
- Google SketchUp - 3D modeling software
- Skype - communication tool
- VLC media player - video player/converter
- Picasa - photo editing, also compatible with Samsung camcorder
- Burn - more file conversions, easier to burn files than with disk utility
- Adapter - media conversion tool
- Final Cut Pro - video editing
- MakerWare - slicer software
- Soundflower - audio system extension
- Rocksmith 2014 - Video game that teaches you how to play the guitar.
- Three hours maximum.
- Light snacks and covered beverages are permitted in the Recording Studios.
- Be mindful of closing and of others, please finish projects and organize used equipment a half hour before leaving.
- Room capacity:
- Smoky Hill's Studio allows up to 3 people
- Southglenn Studio's Video Recording Room allows up to 7 people
- Southglenn Studio's Audio Recording Room allows up to 3 people
- Sheridan Studio allows up to 3 people
*If you need technical assistance during your visit, please schedule an appointment with a Studio Librarian before making a reservation.
Note: If a group has not arrived or called the library to report a delay within 15 minutes of the time they were supposed to begin using the room, staff may allow others to use the room.
To reserve the Conference Room/Studio space at Sheridan Library, please call 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279).
Check out these Studio band recordings:
"August" by Ben Lacy
"Fly For Me Now" by Sun-Dried Nanners