Spark a child's love of reading today!
Children learn that reading is fun from a very young age. Want to know how to make a life-long learner? Here are some tips:
- If your child is restless while reading, set the book aside and try another day. We want children to see reading as a fun activity.
- Allow your child to pick their own books. A child's interests are an important motivator.
- Play with books!
- Turn reading into a game, like Catch Me Reading If You Can or read in silly voices.
- Read different types of books! Wordless picture books, nonfiction, early readers or board books.
- Let your child write their own stories. They'll develop a special attachment to the story.
- Talk about what you're reading.
- Find new places to read. Try a book-nic or a reading cave.
- Most importantly, have fun!
How do you make reading fun? Let us know in the comments!