(See what I did there?)
June is National Camping Month! If you're heading to the great outdoors, check out these resources first.
- The National Parks Service has a list of free entrance days! If you're going on a weekend not listed, the typical entrance fee is between $3 and $30. And did you know that fourth graders, active duty military personnel and permanently disabled citizens can receive free passes (see the link for details)?
- The National Wildlife Federation is sponsoring a Great American Campout. They have tips and resources for making your trip memorable.
- Is fishing or boating on your list? Head to TakeMeFishing.org to apply for a fishing license in any state and get information on taking your children on a fishing excursion.
- Safety is important when you're camping with your family. The CDC has an extensive list of safety tips. North Dakota State University has a list to help you keep your food safe while camping, too.
- Not sure what foods to prepare? KOA Campgrounds offers a variety of recipes to try.
Most important, HAVE FUN! You never know what adventures you'll have while camping.