Arapahoe Libraries has eliminated overdue fines. Although we will no longer charge overdue fines, materials still have the usual due dates and replacement fees will be charged for lost items.
Patrons may choose to receive overdue notices by email, phone or text. Overdue notices are issued one, two and three weeks after an item is due. If you choose notification by email or text, you will also receive a courtesy reminder notice two days before an item is due.
- Unpaid fees of more than $10 block the check out of additional items.
- An item overdue by 30 days is considered lost and the replacement cost for the price of the item is billed to the patron’s account.
- Collection Agency Fee: If materials are not returned within 65 days or replacement fees of $50 or more remain unpaid, your account may be sent to a recovery agency and a $10 fee may apply.
- Electronic devices returned to the book drop will be charged $15. If the device is damaged, the replacement cost will be charged.
- Non-Sufficient Funds Fee: A check returned with Non-Sufficient Funds (NSF) will result in an additional $25 fee.
Replacement fees for lost items can be paid by cash, check or credit card in one of our libraries, through your online account or by calling 303-LIBRARY (303-542-7279).
Unfortunately, we cannot accept replacement copies of lost materials.
|An item overdue by 30 days is considered lost and the replacement cost for the price of the item is billed to the patron’s account. Unfortunately, we cannot accept replacement items.|
|Audiobook – 1 disc||$10|
|Adult Book Club Kit – Entire||$100|
|Adult Book Club Kit – 1 Book||$10|
|Check Out Colorado State Parks – Backpack||$8|
|Check Out Colorado State Parks – Binoculars||$25|
|Check Out Colorado State Parks – Park Pass||$70|
|Children & Teen Book Club Kit – Entire||$60|
|Children & Teen Book Club Kit – 1 Book||$5|
|Device Accessories (case, cord…)||$10|
|Kit – 1 piece||$10|
|Magazine – Adult||$4|
|Magazine – Children's||$2|
|Playaway View Cord||$15|
|All Others||Replacement Cost|